Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Maybe I don't need a macro lens for moss

I'm having pretty good luck taking pictures of moss with my 50mm prime lens but  it takes a bit of fiddling around and I'm doing it at home.  I'm still glad I have a new waterproof camera on the way though.  I won't have such good luck with my 50mm prime in the woods and certianly not in the rain.  I can always take my moss samples home to get really good pictures of them when it's not raining and the light is right.
I hope my new camera comes before we go to the Hoh.  I'm really dreaded the 3.5 hour ride out there and back.  It's going to be a very long day.  I hope I get to sit next to interesting poeple in the van and I hope we don't get packed in like sardines.  I've never even considered doing the Hoh as a day trip, I don't even go to Quinault for day trips anymore.

I get car sick if I try to read in a car so there won't be much for me to do other than look out the windows and wish I was home with my family or hiking in the Olympics..

Here are my first few experiments in moss photography
Maybe I can be the stephen sharnoff  of  the moss world.  Maybe just maybe there is a niche for moss photographers and I could add to a book someday.
I really want to learn how to use the automontage at the colleg and I'm going to really push to get the training for that this quarter.
Leucolepis acanthoneura

\
Leucolepis acanthoneura  with blanched future stems

Leucolepis acanthoneura



Plagiomnium insigne

Plagiomnium insigne or Badge moss

No comments: