Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My class is having a Photography Show

This week tomorrow and Friday my class is having a black and white photography show. The show starts at noon on Thursday June 4th and goes until 5pm and it will be open from 9am to 3pm on Friday June 6th. It will be on the Evergreen campus in the SEM II building room number E4115. I'll be playing the role of docent from 1:00 to 2:00 tomorrow.

Our class has really worked hard and it shows. We have all learned a lot in the past ten 9 weeks.

My work is all done now! Well except I have to write a self evaluation but I can put the off for a few days. It felt strange to not have a whole bunch of work to do now. I'm glad I matted my pictures on Monday the room for matting pictures is small and crowded. Matting my pictures really did my head in, it was almost more then I could handle. Today the room was even more crowded because most of my class has put off their work until the last minute.

Tomorrow we hang the show and that is the last day of class. After next week if I want to use the darkrooms at the college I will have to pay $125.00 so I may stop printing pictures until fall quarter.

I hope to do an independent learning contract in the fall so I can be home before and after school for my 5 year old who will be starting Kindergarten. If I can't do that I might take the quarter off. The contract is written, I just have to find a faculty member to sponsor it. My contract combines photography with upper level science and that might not be possible. Maybe I will revise it to pure photography.

I hope to go camping and hiking in the hoh rain forest with my family the week after next. I need to do a lot of hiking to lose the weight I gained while I was too ill and too busy to go hiking during the school year.

One way I dealt with my mania this quarter was to try to do my work during the quietest times and on a different schedule then the rest of my class. My class mates tended to rush to develop film they shot over the weekend on Mondays so I instead, printed on Mondays and developed my film on Tuesdays. During lunch I hid in the woods instead of sitting inside with all the noise, people and fumes. I did not make any friends this quarter and it felt kind of lonely but I did what I had to do to keep my stress levels down.

Right now with the stress of finals I'm quite manic and I even thought I saw the State Patrol following me home from class today. But I expect that I will calm down over the next few weeks. I'm still much calmer then I was at this time last year when the axe fell. I've been manic / hypo manic for over a year now. I'm beginning to think that hypomania is my normal state.

No comments: