Sunday, June 7, 2009

Skokomish to Wynoochie



Spider Lake Dog Swim



Satsop Lake Dog Swim


Dogwood



Bear Grass overlooking a Valley on the 23 line



Stump overlooking a valley on the 23 line

Yesterday we took the 23 line all the way from the Skokomish valley to Lake Whynoochie. I've been wanting to that for a while. This was my first time seeing Lake Wynoochie and I think I would like to camp there. We also stopped at Spider Lake and the Upper Satsop Lake. Upper Satsop Lake is a gem. It is a magical place to me surrounded by an old growth hemlock forest. I've always hiked to it in the past but I knew there was a way to drive to it and I figured it out.

Next week end I expect to do some hiking and camping. This week end was taken up by a leaky gasket. We had to shampoo the carpet where the water heater cold water intake had leaked. Wow that was a lot of work and my legs are tired today but the carpets all look better. I'll never buy another cheapo Bissel carpet cleaner. This rug doctor one that we rented worked so much better. The detergent is a rip off and I think I will see if I can used washing machine detergent next time.

Maybe my runny nose was not a cold, maybe the mildew growing in the carpet around the hot water heater was the cause of my runny nose.

I'm still stuck with dial up internet access so I can only upload tiny pictures. I hope that the fact that I just finished a photography course is reflected in my pictures.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hi Mossy Mom,
Thx for your comment on my blog. We were on the south fork of the Skokomish! (I think.)