Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lower Lena Lake from Lena Creek Camp



All these people ignoring my plumber's warning that my hot water heater is a "ticking time bomb".


We camped at Lena Creek and I hiked up to Lunch rock from there. I did not start until noon because I was tired. I really felt like I was not up to hiking on this day but when I got out there I felt better. It took me 1.5 hours to hike up and 1.25 hours to hike down. I was surprised to be finished so quickly. I spent about 1.5 hours at lunch rock.




Look at all the people who started hiking after me! (I hiked on the 12th but did not know the date) There were over 30 cars at the trail head and I wondered how I was going to cope with so many people on the trail. It was not too bad once I got to the lake the people were spread out. The only thing that annoyed or upset me was an off leash dog trying to get into my lunch and slobbering on my hand. I had to push two dogs away. I think it is irresponsible to let your dog off-leash on such a busy trail. I did not take my dog because I do not like hiking with a dog on a leash and the trail is too busy to let her off leash.

7.4 miles 1000 feet elevation gain
Good to be hiking again!
47 miles on my new shoes?


GPS data






My dog made a nest in an old-growth stump at the Lena Creek Campground



About the 1/2 way point up the trail



Lunch rock



Lunch rock



Lunch rock




Eagles at Hamma Hamma on the drive home

No comments: