Sunday, June 28, 2009

Vincent Grisdale Hill



Last Picture of Donkey

We went to Grisdale Hill (I think it should be named Vincent hill but more on that later) to get donkey back. A geocacher found donkey and left in on the gate and sent me an email to let me know. We found donkey right on the gate. Not ten minutes later my 5 year old lost it again. I did not want to let her carry it up the hill. I should have put my foot down. The area she lost it in is very small but we can not find it. Goodbye donkey.. :(

Grisdale hill is nowhere near Camp Grisdale or the area known as Grisdale. I think some cartographic drift may have caused this hill's name to be changed to Grisdale. There is a Benchmark on the summit and it is labeled "Vincent" for Vincent creek that flows down off of this hill.

There used to be a lookout shack on the summit I assume it was built in 1952 because that is the date on the summit benchmark. Like most lookouts, it was later destroyed by the forest service.

4 miles round trip
1000 feet elevation gain
75 miles on my shoes, I'm guessing they are half-dead now.




Dead Tree




Mostly Dead Hill




Guns don't kill, ammo kills
(geocache)







Grave Marker
(Bench Mark)



Dead roots with a light at the end of the tunnel




Dead Logs






Dead Wood



Seems to fit the theme









Looking at Death





Deadzone





Life is a one way trip



You can't hide from it.



Life after death?

No comments: