Friday, June 5, 2009

In England they call "plumbers crack" "builders bum"

Joe the licensed plumber came to my house to day.

HE WANTED $2000.00 TO FIX a leaky gasket.. my husband and I argued about it and in the end we paid them $300.00 to fix a leaky gasket. My husband is happy. I'm a bit pissed. What a fraud; trying to sell me a new water heater just because a gasket leaked and then refusing to replace the gasket and insisting on replacing the entire intake pipe and then stating that they always replace
pipes in pairs so they also had to replace the outlet pipe.. what a fucking fraud. I HATE PLUMBERS!

My water heater is a ticking time bomb! You can't say you have not been warned. Perhaps the city should be evacuated. No the entire Olympic peninsula needs to be evacuated now. My water heater is a ticking time bomb! Get off MY TRAILS right now!





I did this when I first moved into my house and it worked perfectly. I'm posting it here for posterity.

My cold water inlet for my hot water tank is leaking at the nut. I bet this would be an easy repair but my husband insists on calling a plumber... sigh.. I packed the outdoor faucet nuts or whatever when I first moved into my house. I bet this is a ten minute repair. But I'll be waiting all day for a plumber to arrive between 12 and 5. So I won't be camping this weekend.

Better Water Pressure For Only Ten Cents
by Al Carrell and Kelly Carrell

Often, the water pressure at one hot water faucet starts to slow down. Sometimes the reason is mineral deposits. The heat causes these minerals to separate out much more readily than it does on cold water lines.

Here's a trick that may restore the pressure. It's an easy step-by-step way to back flush the slow running faucet to a faucet that still has good pressure.

1. Reach in your pocket and find a dime.

2. Go to the water heater and shut off the cold water supply to the tank.

3. Go to a hot water faucet that has good pressure. Open the valve and leave it open.

4. Remove the aerator from the sluggish faucet.

5. Put the dime in the aerator and install it back into the spout.

6. Open the hot water tap.

7. Turn on the cold water side.

Now, the back flushing has begun!

No water comes out of the spout because the dime is blocking it. No hot water is running to the faucet because the water supply to the heater is shut off. The cold water that can't come out because of the dime can go through the hot water line to the open hot water faucet where it can come out.

The pressure of the water flowing through the shuggish faucet will blast loose the deposits. You can probably see this sediment as it comes out.

Next, shut off all the faucets, remove the dime and restore the water to the heater.

With any luck at all, you'll have improved the pressure considerably and you got your dime back!

No comments: