Friday, March 30, 2018

Maidenhair and Wynoochee Falls

Maidenhair falls


Note: All photos on my blog are all rights reserved, no replication or sharing without permission.  Prints are available too.  The price for prints in 2018 is  $20 for an 8X10 plus $6.00 postage or no postage if picked up in person

Back  to Wynoochee.  I don’t know a lot of places to explore in the area, so I hiked to two waterfalls.  This was my second or third time going to Maiden hair falls and my second time going to Wynoochee falls.  I really need to get a high clearance vehicle, a truck I think, so I can haul stuff too.  I worry about the cost even though I can afford one.  I’ve just got to force myself to buy one.  I know I will love it as long as it is reliable. 

********************************************************



I loved my Jeep, but it was always breaking down, so I got rid of it.  Every time I look at the price of used trucks I am shocked by how much people want for worn out high mileage vehicles.

I started my hike at about 9:30 and went to Maidenhair falls first.  I had hoped to fly my camera there but could not get a clear enough signal.  I got confused finding the trail near the bridge over the Wynoochee, there is a dearth of signs there.

Wynoochee falls, this photo is copyright protected.
Prints are available for purchase.  $20 for an 8X10 plus $6.00 postage
or no postage if picked up in person
Next I walked up the road to the old Wynoochee Falls campground.   It was pleasant for a road walk.  The air was clean and there was very little chance of vehicle traffic on the road and no chance of having chemicals dumped on my head.

The trail to the falls is unmarked but not hard to find.  I was able to fly my camera at Wynoochee falls and I hope to incorporate those shots into a video of the hike.  I had lunch at the base of the falls and then I went up an explored the area above the falls before brush crashing out to the road.  I enjoyed my forest brush crash but seeing all the old growth stumps made me sad.

7.5 miles for the day








Wynoochee falls




Basidio lichens

Rotten chicken of the woods

Post apocalyptic campground

Really did walk with moss today




No comments: