Friday, November 6, 2009

Comments are welcome


  You don't have to have a blogger account to make comments here.

My new camera came.  It is big and heavy.  I hope I did not make a mistake in getting such a big camera to take hiking.  I also hope that it can tolerate rain as well as my old camera.

It is a Nikon D90 with a kit lens.



The old and the new. When I started this blog I was using a cannon powershot a400 or something like that. It was a lemon. Most of the pictures on this blog have been taken with the point and shoot Kodak camera on the left. On the right is my new camera.



5 comments:

kadfoto said...

Congrats on the new camera. What kind? The switch to a bigger and heavier camera is a tough one (weight-wise), huh? I don't think you'll be disappointed. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, a comment! I got a Nikon D90 camera kit from B&H photo.

Seth M. Ward said...

Did you get a good pack for it? If not you might try a low pro back pack. I've always been impressed with their selection. Keep on keeping on.

Fred said...

Seth,

Thanks for the link.

I had not thought of getting a pack for it. I always carry my point and shoot around my neck, but I know that I won't be able to carry this big new camera around my neck all of the time. I plan on keeping the camera in a waterproof stuff sack. The camera in the stuff sack can go in my regular pack. I'm pretty careful with my things so I think that will work.

I don't know how tough DSLR's are, but I plan to find out.

A Wild Celtic Rose said...

The LowePro packs are great, especially if you get the chest harness mount.

When I take my DLSR out hiking in cold weather, I wear it around my neck and inside my jacket to keep it from freezing; it also protects from precipitation and getting banged around.

You'll want to order extra lens caps if you do this because they do tend to pop off when worn around the neck. I sacrificed a lens cap in the Grand Tetons a few weeks ago.