Monday, November 16, 2009

South Mountain aborted

I made it several miles down the 800 line and then ran into a closed gate. Maybe they are logging in the area. The Skok is going to flood today so there is no point in trying to do anything in the South Fork Skok area. I drove home and decided to rest my ankle instead of hiking today. I think I made the right choice, my ankle is pretty swollen. I had major operations on both of my ankles about 20 years ago and this is the first time I have sprained an ankle since then.






With that gate shut the evacuation route for the Skokomish Valley is also shut!

Later in the day I went to look at the Skok and an older couple came by and told me the way to get around that gate. They lived in the valley and had just came out via the evacuation route. They then drove up the Skokomish Valley Road to see the flooding. The road is flooded out .10 of mile from 101.

No comments: