Monday, November 21, 2005

Chanterelles

I went for a walk in the woods near my house and three hours later came home with two pounds of chanterelles. They were in the same woods as my normal patch but in a different spot. They were all in the same spot. I did not find any Matsutake and never have found any there.

Tomorrow I go hiking. Mushrooming will be central to the hike I've decided. I'll be hiking in old growth but in the National Forest rather then the National Park.

I'm really missing my grandma but feel that her spirit is with me. I think she is glad to be free of her crippled body. She suffered from an extremely crooked spine (She thinks she may have had a mild case of polio, there was a polio epidemic in Idaho where she lived when she was a child.) and somehow managed to give birth to and raise 5 children while working full time to support her family. Yeah she was grumpy sometimes but she was in a lot of pain.

No comments: