Monday, November 14, 2005

New Rain Gear!



They are here! My new rain coat and pants are here! They were sitting on the door-step when we got home from visiting Grandma in the hospital. I get to test them out in the morning but there is only a 40% chance of rain for tomorrow's hike. I think I will leave the umbrella at home. UPS did pretty good this time, they only sent my package 20 miles in the wrong direction and right past my house before they got around to delivering it.

I also got a tube of "Sno-Seal" beeswax to treat my boots with. I hope my gortex boots will be waterproof again. I'll test them out tomorrow for sure. If I do a low land hike I'm certain to run into parts of the trail with water running down then. At any rate my boots look better now that they have been treated. They went from black to grey with use and now with the sno-seal they are black again. REI has encouraged me to bring or mail my boots in to get them exchanged for new non-leaky boots. I'm going to hold off on that until December 6th when I will be going to Tacoma anyway. I don't want to pay to mail them in and then wait for weeks for the mail to bring me new boots.

Here is a picture of some chanterelles I got from my secret patch yesterday.

No comments: