Monday, September 14, 2009

Goodbye Aunt Eileen

My Great-Aunt died two days ago. My father only told me about it today and only because I sent him an email asking how she was. So I was right to suspect that my family would not tell me when she died. How very sad. I named my first born after my Great-Aunt's sister who of course was my Grandma.

As I have blogged here before, but I may have deleted, it my Great-Aunt and my Great-Uncle used to come up to Seattle from California and visit me. I was living in horrible spirit crushing poverty and I was terribly lonely back then. Those visits meant a lot to me. During the visits my Great-Aunt and Uncle with my Grandma would take me to a Mariners game and then take me out for a Chinese Meal. It was a rare opportunity for me to eat protein, ride in a car, get out of my cockroach infested, studio, basement apartment, have some human contact and feel like a human being.

My Grandma died almost 13 years ago, my Great Uncle died about 14 years ago and now my Great-Aunt is gone. I wonder if they have already buried my Great-Aunt ?

Sigh I got my answer. Yes they buried her today or are going to bury her today and they had a funeral today and I'm not invited to it. For all I know they are lowering her into her grave right now.

My Great-Uncle had a big memorial when he died. Maybe if he had died after his wife died he would not have had one. I suppose the memorial for was for the Benefit of my Great-Aunt.

1 comment:

Seth M. Ward said...

Sorry to hear about your Aunt.

No one called me when my Grandma passed on.....

Be good to yourself.