Friday, December 5, 2008

My sweet catfish


Horabagrus brachysoma 'Indian Sun Catfish'










She died last night after my toddler dumped all kinds of crap into the fishtank. My 12 year old was supposed to be watching her while I went for a quick walk with the dog. I did two emergency 30% water changes in the span of 4 hours and hoped for the best. I suspect that her gills got clogged up with all the fishfood my toddler dumped into the tank.

I had this fish for almost 4 years. This fish was protection against the Mormons who won't stop knocking on my door. I don't know how we will defend ourselves from the evil fish killing Mormons now. (yes I know how silly that sounds)

I'm going to release her in the Skokomish river so she can float down to the hood canal and probably be eaten by crabs. A burial at sea only seems right for a fish. When my other fish died I would feed them to the chickens but this fish is too big for the chickens to eat in one bite and I don't have chickens anymore. Now my fish tank is empty except for one lonely pl*co.

This morning the water is very cloudy and I suspect the ammonia is off the scale so I did another 30% water change. The Pl*co seems ok, plecos are very tough fish but catfish are pretty tough too.

It is common knowledge among aquarists that when you talk about your pl*co online you always replace the "e" with a * to prevent it from dying. Click here to learn more.

No comments: