Tuesday, July 25, 2017

New Daypack



I made a new daypack and it has been on two hikes now.  This is my best one yet.  My sewing machine is better and my sewing skills are improving.  It took me about 28 hours to sew this.  Sewing went fast then last time since I repeated most of my old design.  All I bought for this was thread, velcro and elastic cord.

I'll need to buy material for my next pack, this tent rainfly is all used up.  The material is 75 Denier Coated Ripstop.  I'm having trouble finding anything other than 70 Denier ripstop online, not sure if that is strong enough.

Update:  This pack lasted 1 year and 5 months before the fabric started to weaken and tear.  I used rather old fabric to make this pack.  The fabric was from a rain fly from a tent that wore out.

Now I have finally splurged and bought new fabric for a pack: http://mosswalks.blogspot.com/2018/12/two-dog-day-on-kamilchee-ridge.html











Add caption

All ready to sew up the 4 sides




No comments: