Saturday, December 13, 2014

Mount Walker after the trio of storms


There is still time to buy my calendar and have it for the new year.  The March photo was taken on Mount Walker: Look at my Calendars





I was feeling a little bit sick and I did not feel like driving and there was some rain in the forecast, so I went to Mount Walker by bus.

My dentist just stuck it to me on a filling that fell out just 4 months after he replaced it so I was feeling a big frugal too.  He said that he fixes fillings for free if they fall out in less than on year, but he lied.  He still charges for an office visit.  So now I'm $120 into just getting the filling on this tooth replaced two times, plus what I paid for the original filling grrrrr.  Third times the charm maybe?  Maybe the filling will stay in this time?

My dentist wants me to "teach me how to pick mushrooms" too.  Forget that, he can go buy his mushrooms in the store will all the money that I am giving him.

I decided to walk up the road rather than to huff and puff up the steep trail.  The gate is now closed, going up the road gave me more solitude than going up the trail would.  The road is twice as long but only half as steep and it's a more pleasant walk for me.  I did hike down the trail  however and now today my knee is letting my know about it.

Maybe I should stick to flatter trails for a while.  The weather was nice and the bus ride was pleasant.  It seems that Friday is a good day of the week to take the bus, there was only one other passenger on the way back.

101 is down to one lane near Brinnon due to the road slumping after the recent rains.

The bus was going so fast when I rang that bell that it could not stop and pull off the road in time so the driver took me on up to the entrance to Mount Walker.  I liked not having to walk on the highway!

7.75 miles with 2,000 feet elevation gain



There is still time to buy my calendar and have it for the new year.  The March photo was taken on Mount Walker: Look at my Calendars


Track and elevation log up the road and down the trail 

Seeing Double

Bus back home smelled funny

Cooking lunch with lots of leftover food that
was intended for the PCT

Fresh rock fall

False truffle, it smelled so nice!

tea at the top

Matsutake

Pilophorus lichen and Othrotrichum moss


Experimenting with exposure lock and single point focus it helping

Yucky slash fire sends smoke to Quilcene

On the top

tea time in a closed campground


No comments: