Friday, September 13, 2013

Urban hiking



Old Garbage
 Urban hiking is not much fun for me, but at least I don't have to spend any money on gas when I hike in the city.  My city has a nice unofficial trail system, the problem is the best way to get to it is through a mobile home park and the mobile home park has plastered "no trespassing" signs everywhere. 

3 miles with 300 feet elevation gain
red lines indicate city trails, black circle is the old landfill
Some fall colors




Polluted Creek

No trail access

Springboard notches indicate this was cut a long time ago and yet the second growth (?) trees are so tiny

I
I'm sure this place was as beautiful as Olympic National Park once upon a time,
before the timber barons came.


Some kids played in the woods here this summer and left a lot of garbage behind
but no booze bottles so I think it was kids and not adults

No comments: