Thursday, December 6, 2012

Klip it Microwave Soup Mug



 
I'm testing out the Sistema 656 ml Soup Mug as a piece of backpacking gear. 

Click on the picture to learn more about this cup at Amazon.com .  Sistema is going to send me some other stuff to test out for backpacking too.  I'm looking forward to seeing what they send me.  I'm using this cup right now after exchanging it for a more airtight one.  I also want to use this stuff to pack food to and from school. Currently I used lock-n-locks to hold wet foods so they don't leak into my pack.  This little Sistema cup will work better though.  I could put them on the shelf outside of the lab and know they would not get contaminated.  My lock-n-locks are too big to put in the shelf the college provides.

Currently I am using the cup like the one pictured above as my bowl for day hikes.  My "cookpot" is a mug and my stove is a coke can. My entire cooking system fits into the Klip it soup cup and the cup then clips shut to hold it all secure and keep it watertight.  Fixings for a few cups of tea or hot chocolate fit in the cup as well.  It only weighs 3.5 ounces.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting option