Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sistema Goodie Package


Sistema recently sent a package full of goodies to test out for backpacking. 
They sent a soup bowl with a handle, a small bowl with a airtight lid, a water bottle and a clever plastic cutlery set in a case that includes a knife, fork, spoon and chopsticks. 

I've used the soup bowl on two hikes so far.  I will also take the water bottle and the small bowl on my next hike.  I'm not sure if I will ever use the cutlery  for hiking since I'm used to eating with chopsticks that I find in the woods.  But the cutlery feels much stronger than it looks and I might use it for class.

The bowl might be a good size for me carry tea fixings in.  This will save on Ziploc bags.  The bowl could also be used to pack out left overs if I have any after cooking.   The soup mug can be used to hold my cook pot and stove inside of and if it is truly water tight it can double as a water bottle if needed.  The actual water bottle  I was sent has an interesting twist action that lifts up the drinking spout.   The bottle is very light and it might be a little bit fragile, but time will tell.   All four items are very light and could fit into an ultralight backpackers equipment.  The test will be to see if they are strong enough to hold up to backpacking as well as being light enough.

 

No comments: