Saturday, November 24, 2012

Gear failure - Women's Marmot Precip Rain Jacket



  My Marmot Precip rainjacket is a failure.   I've treated it and I still get soaked.  It turns out that the seams are not sealed!  How can they call it a rain coat when the seams are not sealed?   My last Marmot rain jacket delaminated at the hood and is in for warrany repair right now.  Marmot recieved it on November 5th but has done nothing with it yet.



REI has a good sale on REI brand event jackets.  I ordered a mens large because I know that none of the other availible sizes will fit me.  If it's too big I'll take it back to REI.  I'm done with Marmot, I fear that  Marmot has gone the way of The North Face.    The North Face started out as good outdoor gear for avid adventurers and degraded into fashion wear.

The next time I go to REI,  I am going to return my precip jacket.

GG has told me that they are going to make me a trail ambassador and give me a 2013 Pack.  But they don't have one in my size yet.  My current GG is pack size medium is too big and is sagging in the back.  I really like this pack and it has held up well to all kinds of abuse.   They offered to send me a small M to check for fit.  The M looks nice for backpacking but if I had one I would probably add some pockets to it.  I have 4 outside mesh pockes on the sides of my current overnight pack.  I added two of the pockets myself.   All GG packs are on sale right now!

No comments: