Thursday, February 11, 2010

Capitol Lake




Capitol Lake is a 3 kilometer long, 260-acre (1.1 km2) artificial lake at the mouth of Deschutes River in Olympia.

Today I had a harrowing journey along the shore of Capitol Lake. There were the usual ducks and stuff but there were also some wild animals and some strange litter.

The bridge is closed so I could not do a loop, instead I had to take a "C" shaped route. I parked my car in the middle of my track log. I walked along one side until I got to the trail closed sign then I walked back past my car and down the road side and turned around at the bathrooms. Then I went back to the trail closed side a second time. I like the side closest to the capital building because there was less auto exhaust to breath on that side..


Trail Closed

3.8 miles round trip
33 feet elevation gain (only because the barometric pressure was changing)
Average Moving Speed 4 MPH (running from bears and stuff)
This hike was a "4" on the hike difficulty calculator

Track Log



Elevation Profile Log



Odd Litter



Brown Bear




Pack Stealing Primate



12X's zoom on Primate

No comments: