Monday, February 22, 2010

Green Mountain, goodbye uncle Mark


















A sudden and totally unexpected death in the family left me feeling contemplative today. I decided to take it easy and go to Green Mountain in Kistap County. Being in Kitsap brought back a flood of memories, some good, some unspeakable. At the top of the Mountain was a view of both my birthplace and the place where the ashes of my grandparents are spread.

I tried to do a loop with some bushwacking but ran into some "no trespassing" signs so did a road walk until I found a trail. That trail had a sign and the trail turned out to be a memorial for a little girl who died of grief. As if I was not already feeling contemplative!

6 miles RT
1,000 feet elevation gain



























Low Powerline



Low Powerline





end of hike rest spot



Triton Cove

No comments: