Friday, January 7, 2022

Grays Harbor Sandpiper Trail

 


I'm back in the USA and feeling a bit gloomy with the bad weather and the short days.   I did not hike at all in December.  I did a bunch of razor clam digging after Christmas and got some exercise that way I guess.

Flooding stopped my first attempt at this very short trail and foul air stopped my attempt to walk the trail to trail on the other side of the Harbor.

I am in a tipsy turvy old house in Aberdeen until I can move back into my home in Mason County.  My renters there have a one year lease.  I never expected to be back in the USA again.  My FiancĂ© sent me back and that is all I will say about that for now.   I need to start putting "ex" in front of the word fiancĂ©.  It all happened so fast, I'm feeling a bit confused.  I don't really understand what happened.

There isn't much sense in trying to make sense of what does not make sense.


The Sandpiper trail is a short walk on a boardwalk.  It starts out by going past a bunch of rickety old airplane hangers before it goes into the swamp and turns into a boardwalk.

Not much to report here this time of year.  I saw one bird of prey and some mushrooms.  I got depressed, played pokemon and drove back home.  Took some photos of the floodwaters that have not receded yet.

Don't even know how long the walk was.  Have not tallied up my hikes for the year yet.  

I hiked 221 miles in New Zealand, I have to look in this blog to add up my miles in the USA and then I will have my total for the year. 



























































































***********************************************************************************

No comments: