Thursday, December 5, 2013

Big Creek loop in the cold while sick



Hympnum (circinale?) moss on a stump

I felt a little ill when I woke up, but not ill enough to cancel my hike.  Patches got so excited when she saw the bus arrive, she already had her leash on, so she knew she was going hiking with me, but when the bus came she went crazy; she's a smart dog.

I had hoped that ibupropean and coffee and getting out and moving would make me feel better, but they did not.  Since I was still not feeling well when the bus dropped me off, I decided to take it easy.  I only did the 4 mile loop around the campground and did not head up Mount Ellinor like I normally do.

I brought my tripod on this hike, I don't think I have ever taken a tripod hiking before.  I spent a lot of time taking pictures while sipping hot tea.  I can't decide what picture is my favorite, so I 'm just going to toss them all up here even though a lot of them look the same.

More trees have fallen down near the newly logged area, it's sad to see.  Two are good sized and one is smaller, they are all right together.

Big Creek campground is going to get some major upgrades and I think it will be an improvment but some trees will die in the process.

5 miles with 1,000 feet elevation gain

walking to and from the bus and doing one of the campground loops
made for a 5 mile hike rather than just a 4 mile loop.  Also the 4 mile
loop got longer when they moved the bridge.


















No comments: