Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thrashing around at Lena Lake

My view at lunch time

I had to catch my bus at 6:45 and I was not thrilled about that, but I was happy to be able to catch some pretty morning light on the canal and at the Lake.  I only stopped briefly at lunch rock because the sun was glaring both in the sky and off the water.
 
I had lunch in the rocks on the far shore.  I cooked a hot lunch and had hot tea.  I was unsure if I had enough time to circle the lake, but I was already too far around the lake to go back, so I made the circle.
 
The last bit of the circle was rough going and I was really worried about time, but I made it back to the trail with two hours to go before my pick up time.
 
 
I made it down in just 1.5 hours and had plenty of time to relax and have tea at the trail head pic nic table.  I was unsure about timing becuase I kinda quit going to Lena Lake after I got the parking ticket.  I had my pass displayed on my dash just like I was supposed to, but for some reason the ranger gave me a ticket anyway.  I've only been back one time since and even then I was worried about getting another unwarranted parking ticket.
 
No worries about getting parking tickets this time since I rode the bus!
 
I have a cold, so I only hiked one time this week.  It sure was nice to get out of the foul city air.
 
 
About 7.5 miles with 1,200 feet elevation gain

I lost my:

while thrashing around in the brush.. :(   If you follow the Amazon link and do some shopping it will raise funds so I can buy a new one.



***
Video trip report, it might have an advertisment since I used some 3rd party content (music)


***


Patches photobombs my trail head picture

Aquatic moss

My ride









Peltigera venosa






My morning bus ride up the Hood Canal

2 comments:

Joe Hendricks said...

Enjoyed the video!
Hope you are feeling better..

Mossy Mom said...

Thans Joe, I'm glad you liked the video. I need feed back to know if I should keep making them.

I'll be out hiking again by mid-week.