Thursday, July 14, 2022

Lake Dead Fish and Lake Slimy Egg

 

Back to these two lakes for the first time since I returned to the states.  My favorite route in was much more overgrown, I probably won't go that way ever again.  We opted to take a much longer route out to avoid brush crashing and wading in the dark.




Fishing was good.  I had never thought to fish here before, but that was the goal today.

I'm about to start doing a lot more hiking.  My daughter wants to get into good enough shape to go to Mildred Lakes again.  That is going to take some work.  We are both very out of shape.  We hope to motivate each other.

We will do more difficult hikes until we are in shape for Mildred.  We are also on fishing kick so we will be combining fishing with hiking as much as we can.

We both eat what we catch, we kill it fast and we don't use live bait.  We agree that catch and release fishing is cruel.  We also know that using live bait is cruel.  

Today we caught 6 rainbow trout between the two of us.  I also had a bite on a bass set up but never saw the fish to know if it was a bass.

We decided we did not want to get up early for the best morning fishing hours so we went for the evening.  We did not make it back to the car until midnight and the entire hike out was in the dark.

After this we will go for the morning fishing.  I did not feel safe driving that late, my body wanted to sleep.  Also on the way home my daughter was passed by a car driving in the wrong direction on the highway between Bremerton and Gorst!  I'm so glad she was not driving the left lane when that happened. 

I only brought my iPhone to take photos with and it is not playing nice with my PC today, so no pictures to share for now.



8 miles with 200 feet elevation gain and I am sore today.

No comments: