Friday, July 1, 2022

Bass fishing

My first ever Bass!


 I've not been hiking a lot but I will get back to it day after tomorrow.  I'll be on a logging road for sure with 4th of July weekend here the trails will be crowded.  

Today I went bass fishing for the very first time and I went alone.  I watched some youtube videos to learn how to use a big rubber worm that I found in a trout stomach.  I used that worm along with a hook I found on the shore line.

Wow did I ever have some beginners luck!  Five casts in I caught my first bass and it was a monster.  Nearly 18 inches long!  I fished from the shore, I used 6 pound leader and a barbless hook.  So lucky to land this fish.  Next time I go out I will use a barbed hook and maybe stronger leader. 

This fish did not fight very much but it was only 20 feet out so not much room for it to fight before I hauled it to shore. 

No comments: