Sunday, May 15, 2022

CQL Hill in the rain with a macro lens third hike with Tato







Wow what a wet day this turned out to be.  I have decided to try to hike every Sunday and Thursday and am leaving my calendar open on those days.  

It rained harder and harder as I climbed the hill. By the time I was ready to set up my tarp for lunch it was pouring and I began to doubt the wisdom of my plan.  To stay warm by sipping tea under my tarp.  My pants and shoes were soaked.  I should have worn rain pants and boots.

It took my a while to find a perfect spot to pitch my tarp but once I found a good spot pitching it went pretty fast.

I had hot coffee and hot ravioli I added fresh onion, Thai basil and hot sauce to the canned ravioli and it tasted good.  While I at the ravioli I warmed up another cup of water for decaf tea.  After my food and my second cuppa I felt really good.  I always seem to feel really good if I have a second drink after my meal.

The rain stopped a bit and it got brighter just in time for me to hike out.  I was a bit cold by the time I was done but not chilled to the bone.  A hot shower at home warmed me right up. 

7 miles with 1,000 feet elevation gain
















Worm macro


                                                      Worm being too long
 

No comments: