Sunday, May 29, 2022

Cloquailliam Hill 2

 






This dog has started greeting me at the start of this hike. I keep trying to convince them to hike with me.

I found a new bald hill to climb and the walk starts at the same gate!  The walk is nicer but the view is not as good since hill #2 is smaller.

I had to cross Cloquialliam Creek on a missing bridge and that was a little bit exciting.  There are many ways to spell Cloqualiam.   

I did not have complete solitude, there was a wood cutter on the road. But being Memorial day weekend I guess that's okay. 


7 miles 500 feet elevation gain



Creek Crossing

A better access but off a private road so not an access

Today's Goal

Lunch time

My home made backpack that I made the week my spouse died
is still going strong.

I could just barely see a cow from my lunch spot

Some nice layers


Threw away my windscreen for the flight home from 
New Zealand and have not replaced it yet. Had to make one from rocks and wood. 









No comments: