Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Wagonwheel Lake



We had limited time for hiking thanks to child care issues on both ends of the day, mine at the end if the day,  his at the beginning.  So we opted for something short and sweet.  About 3 hours to go up and about 2 hours to come down.  There was some fresh snow at the top and it was melting fast.  The trees were dropping snow on us and they even put my stove out once.

My photos are for sale as super high resolution digital files with a license to print.Thanks for reading.
5.2 miles round trip with 3,150 elevation gain  







I had time to relax on the way down ,so I rested here for a bit and then I realized that this flat area of the trail is an old pile of mine tailings.  It's the only flat spot on the lower trail.





Sign warning city folk to keep out, no need, the high entrance fee and lack of a
prize at the end keeps most people out.
No lake at the top


This sign used to impress me

5.2 miles round trip with 3,150 elevation gain

No comments: