Monday, October 11, 2010

Some of my favorite landscapes

Most of these (all but 5) were taken with a point and shoot camera and they were taken before I took my first photography course.  Many of these are too small to print.

  I've had my big camera for less than a year.  I bought my D90 ( big camera) when I wanted to document the destruction of St. Edwards Catholic Church.  The college media loan was not flexible enough to let me have a good camera for the quarter and I could not predict exactly when the church was going to come down; I needed  access to a good camera at all times for that project.

These pictures and more will be on electronic display on October 22,  at the Shelton Pavilion as part of a fund raiser for the Statewide anti-incinerator movement.   I will have to move away from all this beauty if the incinerators are built.

White Chanterelle Mushroom Olympic National Forest (ONF)


Fly Agaric Mushroom Westport


My little one's first peak Mount Ellinor


Bears head Mushroom Olympic National Park


Fog, Capitol Forest, DNR land


Coral Mushroom ONF


Cougar Tracks Dosewallips


Baby goats mount Ellinor ONF


Mount Ellinor



Enchanted Valley ONP


Mama and baby grouse, Staircase


Fly Agaric, Westport


Old Growth Douglas-fir ONF


Grouse Wagonwheel Ridge ONP


Mount Adams


Honey Mushrooms ONF


Trillium ONF


King (?) Bolete ONF


Lake Cushman ONF


Lake West, Simpson Land


Lena Lake ONF


Lions Mane mushroom ONP (it was too pretty to pick)


Skok Valley from Simpson Land


Camprobbers Mount Rose Summit ONF


Wooly Chanterelles ONF (not edible)


Pigs Ear Mushroom ONF






Sun breaking through the fog South Fork Skok ONF


Biomass at Staircase


Sunset over Grays Harbor from South Mountain on Simpson Land


Sunrise over Hood Canal from Mount Ellinor


Mushroom gills ONF

No comments: