Saturday, November 21, 2020

Hike and Bike off CLQ Road

 

                                             Lunch / Dinner at one of the Mud Lakes


Sage is not fit to hike anymore so I am taking advantage of not having a dog to hike with me and riding my bike instead.  It is fun to find out how much faster I can cover the distance on my bike and it is easier on my joints than walking.   

I like riding my bike but it scares me too.  I've had a few bad bike accidents in my life resulting in chipped teeth, broken bones and a sprained ankle that never fully recovered.

Today I wanted to go up a hill that is near another hill that I like to hike up.  I plotted my route with Mapsource and Google Earth.   My Mapsource map turned out to be too old and I had to turn back short of my goal, but I had a great time anyway. 

Today was the last day of modern firearm season and it was a Saturday, so lots of hunters were out prowling in there trucks.  I wish I had remembered to wear bright colors.

13 miles 200 feet elevation gain






                                The end of the road and almost the end of the road for me
                                                     I took my shoes off and pushed my bike across this only to find                                                                 another just like it.  I turned back when the map showed me there may               be a few more of these crossings on my route. 


                                                      Today's journey.  I did some side explorations when I could not make my intended goal.








No comments: