Monday, January 20, 2020

Jackpot Lake



First hike with my new used D7000 camera.  I got it as part a  bundle with a lens I really wanted for the price of what I expected to pay for just the lens,  so it was basically a free camera.  It replaces my stolen D7100.  

There is too much dirt on the image sensor of my Ricoh GR II yet again and I don't feel like tearing it apart for a third time. Each time I tear it apart I risk breaking it and losing more screws. 

I feared that there would still be a lot of lay laying snow around and I did not particularly even want to hike, so I went to Jackpot Lake.  Once I got out there I felt good and was glad I made the effort.

I started this hike with Sage at about 10am. I parked at the end of Lake Nahwatzel Road.  As soon as I got started I realized that I still have not updated my gps with maps from the USA. So again I would be hiking with no map.

It did not take long at all until I realized I had made a very wrong turn.  I thought about just walking back to the car since I did not want to do the extra miles caused by having to backtrack.

But in the end I decided to keep going to the lake. I was having fun and it felt very peaceful out there and there was not much in the way of fun waiting for me at home.

I could have pitched my tarp at the lake but instead I just used my umbrella.  At the lake the weather was dry until I was all packed up, so I just pulled out my umbrella and finished my cup of tea under the shelter of my giant umbrella.

I really like having a coffee, then my noodles and then a hot cup of water or tea.   That second hot cuppa makes me feel nice and warm.

The hike out was straight forward with no wrong turns and just a little bit of route finding on my cell phone.  I had okay cell coverage the entire time so I was able to keep up with friends and family while I was out.

5 miles with maybe 100 feet elevation gain.  My GPS needed to have it's altimeter calibrated. 














No comments: