Monday, January 20, 2020

Dayton Dog Walks



I'm back home and the days are short and it is cold.  Most of the trail heads are snowed in.  I'm opting to take shorter "hikes" that are close to home and don't keep me and Sage out in the cold all day.    The Dayton forest is just outside of Shelton and has a few places to walk.  Dayton peak  is a nice hike and I will be back when the parking spot at the gate is snow free.

Since I got back I am bored and lonely and anxious, another reason to go on lots of shorter hikes.  I can do the shorter hikes more often so I have less days when I am bored. The idea of a shorter hike produces less anxiety when I am forcing myself to go out too.

Since these are short logging road hikes and the weather is foul, I've started taking an umbrella with me.




No comments: