Saturday, January 19, 2019

Clear Lake Dumpster Dive Hike




I found these little lakes on Google Earth.  I don't know who owns them, but did find a DNR marker in the area.  This is a close to home retreat for me.  I normally do this as a foul weather hike, when I need to get out of the house but don't want to waste a lot of time an energy driving just to get soaked.

I got more soaked that I thought today. I cussed out the universe as I pitched my lunch tarp in the rain and the wind.   Maybe the universe heard me, the rain and wind stopped right after I pitched the tarp.

I had coffee, ate breakfast and lunch and did a little reading.  I would have liked to have stayed longer, but Sage was shivering even with her coat on. Sage shivers more that Patches ever did.

Almost 4 miles no elevation gain.
I also walked about 3 miles in the Aberdeen Mall yesterday.

Still dealing with extreme levels of anxiety due to my recent loss.  Still too scared to go on a long dark hike, but now I know why.  I've developed an aversion to hiking due to my spouses death.  I was all packed and ready to hike the morning he died.  So I have associated hiking with death. It was two weeks before I could sleep in my bed, the bed that I climbed out of at midnight to find my spouse dead.  I still don't like my bed very well.  Most nights I move back and forth from bed to couch several times.

I've got to get over this fear of hiking so I can fight off all this anxiety.  If I could travel to the global  south right now I would but I am tied down by my child's school schedule. I'm just hating these long dark days at latitude 47 degrees north.  Very few people in the world actually live this far north.  In fact the majority of Canadians live south of here.  Wrap your head around that.




The pink line was the plan, the yellow line is what actually happened



Don't know who owns this, but it is not posted and I treat it with absolute respect

No comments: