Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Seattle



Bainbridge Ferry pulls into Bremerton loaded with passengers
The Blue Jays were in town and a lot of people came to watch the game


 I did not feel like taking the 6:45 am bus and there is no where to park in Bremerton, so my only option was to take the 10:30 bus and only get 4 hours in Seattle before the last bus for home leaves.  A shorter day than I would have liked but I still had fun.  I miss being able to park in Bremerton and then stay in Seattle all day instead of being saddled to the bus schedule.

The "Blue Angels"
The Blue Angels were in town for Seafair weekend, but I did not have the right camera to capture them and I'm really not fond of war games anyway.  I love the movie "wargames" though.

First I walked up to capital hill to see my photo on display at the Starbucks.  My photo was one of the 40 out of 500 submitted that got selected for a second showing as part of Northwest Photographic Center's Longshot 2018.



Seattle is changing so fast, I think if you don't visit it at least once a year you will feel lost there.  Cranes and buildings are going up everywhere.


One of the newer and more reflective buildings in town

A very rare selfie with my reading glasses on

I got my 100, bulk pack of G7 coffee and the Hou Hou market and then wandered down to Uwajamia for lunch.  I don't shop in that expensive store, but I do like to eat in the food court.  When I am dining alone I prefer a quick deli or cafe style meal over a sit down restaurant meal.

My photo on display
Lunch was sweet miso egplant, mackerel and tea

The ferry back home was nearly empty while the ferries still going to Seattle were packed.  Due to the nice weather everyone was out on the sun deck with me so I went to the car deck to get some peace.  One guy who came and stood right in front of me on the sun deck went down to the car deck and did the same thing to me again.  Sheesh..  What is so wonderful about standing in front of me?

Dude just loved standing in the middle of my landscape photos. I did
not let that stop me from taking pictures though.  He might be a cop, he is
wearing the same sun glasses that all the cops wear.

The Chimicum is a new ferry and has no cell service and no character
I don't like riding this boring boat.  But I am proud to say that I got to ride
on its first ever run even before the grand opening when it filled in for another broken ferry.

Same dude decides to stand in front of me again so I made lemonaide out of the lemon



When I got off the ferry in Bremerton a big Mason Transit bus was waiting to whisk me home.  I like it when they put a large bus on that run.  There is more room to spread out and the ride is less bumpy.  The ride from Bremerton to Shelton takes almost two hours, but it beats driving.

6 miles with about 200 feet (?) elevation gain




My first trip past my Step-father and mothers house  since they both died.  I always  reminisceon this ferry.  The foot ferry that my grandparents met  on always  pulls in to meet this ferry.On the other side is the ship yard where I was  born. The ferry route goes over Sinclair Holewhere we put my Grandparents ashes after tossing  them off of the same foot ferry they met one.  Coming through this area can be hard on me.  This  time I decided that I need to move on and live my live now and try not to think about the past and the dead so much.  "Keep Moving"
Time to Leave Bremerton


The Walla Walla, my old work boat when I drove for
paratransit.  It is nice older boat with character and cell service

So many people have been left behind in boom town Seattle. 1,000 people move to
Seattle every week and property prices are out of reach for most of the old timers


Puzzle on the Ferry East Bremerton out the window

Bremerton Ferry Terminal

Bus Home






No comments: