Thursday, August 30, 2018

Bottle Beach and a Gimpy Dog





Sage was limping a bit. She was favoring her right front paw.  I thought it best to leave her home.  I was also coming down with a bug I  probably caught at the back to school orientation.  I aslo had a big goal I wanted to accomplish in my current favorite AR game.  Draconius Go, is more fun right now that Pokemon go.  Sadly, very few people play it.

The high inland was supposed to be 82 degrees, but a nice an coold 62 degrees on the coast.

With out the dog I was free to go to Bottle Beach.  I used to go there a lot and enjoyed it. Bottle beach was turned into a no dogs allowed bird sanctuary, though so I've not been there for a while.

I walked as far as I could without getting my feet wet.  Lots of people use the beach now so there was no actual solitude there.  The tide was low so I went quite a ways I guess.  Well not that far but I left the state park.  I saw the most ugly breakwater ever.  Tires.  Before I reached the breakwater I saw a few random tires spread about and did not know why they were there.

After I left truck tire beach I headed in to Westport to play Draconius go but did not find much to do in the game there.  Next I went to the lighthouse and explored the trails there until the trail I was on popped out to the paved trail.  I turned around at the surfer area, South Jetty and went back to the car.

I logged about six miles.  I really missed Sage.  Sage is much better today, what ever the problem was, she is healing.  I could not get her into the vet before she stopped limping.

I leave my GPS at home when I hike in cell phone range.  The cell phone track log records my mileage very accurately.































No automatic alt text available.







No automatic alt text available.

No comments: