Friday, July 27, 2018

Spencer Lake




I saw Spencer Lake for the first time today and I liked it.  It is nicer than Island lake, it is less developed and the houses are all different.  There were so many lillypads too!

I did have a problem with a Jet Ski jackass who was going full speed between me and the shore and he was  just 50 feet away from me.  I was quite close to the shore at the time.  He nearly hit a flock of geese too.  I will not go to this lake on the weekend, I'm sure it's a horrible zoo on a hot summer weekend.



People were setting up for the day at the boat launch with loud music, kids and beer.  They volunteered to help me put my Kayak on top of my car, so I won't complain.    There is a boat launch culture at work at all the local lakes.  I never knew such a culture existed.


I still have not taken a good camera out on the water.  I feel pretty confident that I will not tip over, so maybe next time I will bring my old D90 and a cheap lens.










No comments: