Saturday, December 16, 2017

Seattle

10.5 miles with 200 feet (?) elevation gain.

Got a good deal on new used shoes at RIE basement.  Found out the shoes were two different sizes but only after I had already walked 5 miles in them without noticing, so I guess they are okay.

Got a thin purple coat at REI too.  Got a new hat at the U of W bookstore.  I went to the U of W but I actually graduated from Evergreen.  Purple is my favorite color though, so I wear U of W gear and not ugly green Evergreen gear.  Also U of W let me keep my email address, Evergreen took it away.  So I use my U of W address and not my Evergreen Address.

I lived in Seattle for  ten years and a bit after I got booted out of my father's house was sent to live at Seattle Children's Home at the age of 16.

After finishing our studies at the U of W my spouse and I moved to Port Orchard where all of my family was from.  Then after my divorce I was priced out of Kitsap County and had to make Mason County my home.

Sometimes I wish I still lived in down town Seattle, but with enough money to actually be able to eat.  Then I remember the view of Seattle from the Olympics.  From the Olympics you can clearly see that everyone over there lives under a constant haze of brown smog that runs the length of I-5 and is pushed up against the Cascade Mountains.  Yuck.

I have so many memories in Seattle and Bremerton, I'm always overcome by emotion at some point on my trips to Seattle.  This time the only really sore point was when I was very tired and hungry and I  passed by the Four Seas restaurant in China town.  My mother took me there once on one of her flying visits.  I was living in such poverty and I was so hungry, it was so nice to be taken out to eat.  But it was just a flying visit and I was left behind in my poverty, dropped of at my apartment in Bell Tower to starve until the next flying visit.  My mother died two and a half years ago.

How I envy people who have supportive parents.



















No comments: