Sunday, July 29, 2007

Mount Ellinor

  Had a pleasant hike up Ellinor today.  I started from the upper trailhead.  There were 14 goats on the summit and some were begging for food.    I had to chase them off to keep them from tipping over my cookpot.  I had a cup of tea on the summit.


There is still a bit of snow on the summer route.  

After my hike I scouted out the Jefferson Pass trailhead and I would like to hike it this summer.

It's nice to be in such good shape.  I felt great coming down off the mountain while many others coming down were sweating and looked tired.

My track log shows where the old trail intersects with the current trail.  I think it would be fun to try and pick up traces of the old trail.  

There is a benchmark on the summit but I did not know to look for it.  I placed three geocaches in the area today.


I started my hike at 1:40 and finished at 4:50, I spent a good half hour on the summit and another ten minutes taking pictures of goats on the way down.

















No comments: