Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Copper Creek and Shady Lane







With near record heat expected today I did something I rarely do.  I left the house at 6:20 am and started my hike at 7:10 am.  Copper Creek trail is nice and I think it will be a very good winter hike.   RT mileage 4.5 elevation gain 2,200.  The first mile is very steep.  

I finished up my hike before noon.












After that hike I had enough energy to do the 2 mile RT Shady Lane trail. I went straight up a scree slope to the forest service road above and then walked down the forest road to the Shady Lane trail end thus making a sort of a loop hike.

I found three old mine shafts on the forest service road. I want to hike or drive to the end of that road and see where Ralf the Bear used to live.

















An old trail marker tree?

No comments: