Thursday, June 21, 2007

I met the Mount Rose Trail Crew today

Today I went up Mount Rose yet again. This might be the first time I have done the same hike three times in a row. I went up with a Geocacher from Olympia and I enjoyed the company.

As we were leaving Shelton this morning it was raining and we were worried that there would be no views. But the clouds lifted and we had a nice view from the summit rock.

When we were hiking up a man who was hiking down said that a trail crew was on the Mountain. I did wonder if they were on the Mountain today when I saw so many cars in the parking lot. I've been wanting to meet the amazing "Mount Rose Trail Crew" for some time now.

Right after lunch on the little saddle we met up with the trail crew and we had a nice chat and I took some pictures of them. They were excited about the Copper Creek trail, they had just finished working on it and I think they would like to see some hikers use it.

One of the members of the trail crew recognized me as "mossymom" that was pretty neat.
The crew has been very busy this year cleaning up all the wind storm damage. The forest service asked them to clean up the Lower Lena Lake trail and they did. They have also done a bunch of work on the upper big creek trail.

Thanks to the Mount Rose Trail Crew the old route up Mount Ellinor has been opened up and can be accessed via the Upper Big Creek Loop.

I will go up the Copper Creek trail for my next hike after Camp Muir and I will try to get a nice track log for the trail. I'm also going to put a geocache up there.

Hiking came easy today but I am tired now that I am home.





The Mount Rose Trail Crew hard at work






Summit View


Indian Pipe Plant

No comments: