Monday, December 7, 2020

South Mountain Plane Crash Site

 

Bike freshly tuned up and working better than ever!

I did it!  I went back to South Mountain, found the site of an old plane wreck and did not crash my bike!

Sadly I do not have a lot of photos to share.  Between preparing to move and cracking my bike helmet the last time I was on South Mountain, I've been very scatterbrained.

Also the two year anniversary of my husband's death is this week.  I found him on the floor a few minutes after midnight.  Last year I got away for this anniversary, but this year I will be home.

I got to meet blog follower LJ Thorson this week too.  How exciting!  So nice to meet you LJ!

I had some trouble finding the plaque so I called up Cye Laramie and he helped me find it. I was up too high on the ridge looking for it.  I did way more work than I needed to, but it was fun.

I released a bit of Patches into the wind at a viewpoint where I ate lunch.  Patches went up South Mountain with me a few times. 



The gate was open but I parked here anyway






Thrashing around off road looking for the plaque



Nice View of the Skokomish Valley, lots of dirt on my Ricoh GRII image sensor





















Amazing colors up there all day. I love this time of year.



No comments: