Thursday, August 29, 2019

Green Mountain with the Peninsula Wilderness Club



This telephoto view from the summit rock of Green Mountain shows Seattle with the Cascade mountains in the background.  In the foreground is East Bremerton, and the Warren ave Bridge..  Three Washington State Ferries are visible in the Puget Sound in front of Seattle.

My nefarious plot worked, everything has come to fruition.  I got paid to go hiking and take pictures.  

I consider Port Orchard to be my hometown, but I grew up all over western Washington moving around so much, that it difficult for me to peg down one town as the one I grew up in.  My family almost all lived in Port Orchard and my parents lived in Port Orchard on Sidney road when I was born.  I was however conceived on Lafayette ave in Bremerton and I was born in Bremerton.  

When I was in my mid 20's I moved to Port Orchard and stayed there until my divorce and my subsequent exile to Shelton.  I could not afford a new house in Port Orchard.  But when I did live in Port Orchard I joined the Peninsula Wilderness Club and I became an avid hiker shortly after joining the club.  I met my boyfriend on my first hike with the club and then never really hiked much  with the club again.    I broke up with that boyfriend when I met my late husband.  Where are you now Paul?

Anyway I knew about the Peninsula Wilderness club in spite of living and Shelton and I have been given one photo assignment per week in North Mason, so I picked Green Mountain.  Not quite North Mason, but close enough.  Here are the photos I turned in.

I'm going to delay publishing of this blog post until a week or more after these photos are printed.



From the back Marti Howard  and Alisa Blitz-Seibert of Seabeck, walk up the Vista Trail with their dogs Wilson and Kelly. 


From the left Alisa Blitz-Seibert of Seableck  sits down while Ron Martin of Belfair  helps himself to cheese and crackers at the summit potluck.

Members of the Peninsula Wilderness club have a potluck on the Summit of Green Mountain.



Sunlight filters down through the clouds with the Olympic Mountains in the background. 

Members of the Peninsula Wilderness Club hike back down the Gold Creek trail after having a social on the summit.

Sunlight filters through the Green Mountain State Forest and highlights Isothecium moss hanging on a Douglas-fir branch.

No comments: