Tuesday, December 4, 2018

New backpack

My 4th backpack is done.  This time I splurged and actually bought the fabric to make it.  I got the fabric from Seattle Fabrics.   The cost of the fabric was $25.50 with shipping "handling" and regressive Washington state sales tax.

 I did not buy anything else to make this pack, all the other materials were things I already had on hand.  I cannibalized a few parts of the first backpack that I ever made.

The material is all slightly heavier than the 75D ripstop tent rain fly that I made my first three packs from.  I'm hoping that having both brand new and heavier material will make this pack more durable.

I'm really happy to finally have a pack that is a color that I like too.

It took me at least 32 hours to sew this using pretty much all the same design as my last two packs.  The only pattern that I made was for the shoulder straps and I've used that pattern three times now. This time I cut the pads much wider though.  I hope this pack will be more comfortable  than the last one.

Item ID
ITEMS
PRICE
QTY
Total
FOCS-PURPLE
60" 210 D. Coated "SALE" Oxford @ $4.99/ linear yard
Color: Purple 
$4.99
1.5
$7.49
FRD-BLACK
60" 400 x 300 D. Nylon/Polyester Diamond Ripstop @ $10.95/ linear yard
Color: Black 
$10.95
0.5
$5.48
H
Processing & Handling 
$4.00
1
$4.00
Subtotal:
$16.96
Discount(s):
$0.00
Taxes:
$2.07
Shipping:
$6.55
Total:
$25.58
Payments:
$25.58
Balance:
$0.00


puple backpack sitting on a green leather couch

No comments: