Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Swamping





Back to the swamp for some fall colors and some flash photography.  My plan did not go as hoped though.  I took the wrong brush crashing route to get into the swamp and my camera broke.   

The hot shoe fell off my camera and is no where to be found!  I sat down and figured out how the hot shoe works and I got it to fire my flash controller by cutting part of a tea candle holder to fit inside the area where the hot shoe goes.  I could not how ever find a good hands free way to get my flash controller to stay attached to the camera.  I spend quite a while working on this problem.

My camera is a Ricoh GR II and I need to find a broken one to buy for parts so I can get  a new hotshoe.  A GRI or a GRII will have the same parts.

I got one picture that I liked by holding my flash controller onto my camera by hand but I really wanted a photo with falling leaves in it.  I did not have a free hand to shake a tree to make leaves fall, so that did not happen.

Next I went to the lake and found it so low that I could walk on the lake shore.  I've never seen it too low.  Big patches of sphagnum moss were exposed and dry and brown.  I hope they were not killed by the drought.

After lunch I did some silly brush crashing and then ended up doing a bunch of walking in a clear cut.

I only went about 5 miles but most of it was off trail, so I got some exercise in.
200 feet elevation gain.  I know where I went wrong and I will return to the swamp, but I will have to take a different camera with me.



Sphagnum all dried out


Sage almost became a bog body

No comments: