Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Lunch Lake with two external flash units



     I left the house with two routes in mind, a new high route and and old low route.  I wanted to try a new route.  I say route because these are not hikes down trails or roads, they are planned routes that may follow roads or trails or may just go right through the brush.  

     When I arrived at the start about 2.5 hours drive from home, I found that the high route was snowed in.  I would have to do the low route.  I had plans to make the low route more fun though.  I packed in two flash units and a new tripod to use with my Ricoh GRII camera.

     So in spite of following a route that is really beginning to bore me I had some fun.  I also took a different route out just to mix things up.






Usnea longissima lichen

Platismatia herrei lichen was my lunch companion today

Add caption

Hydnum umbilicatum

Finally captured this rock in a way that makes me happy

I made this place look much, much nicer than it actually is.

8 miles


     My Yongnuo flash with a Yongnuo radio trigger mounted on my Ricoh GRII.  The     Yognuo flash is Nikon compatible.  The flash will only work as a manual flash on my Rocoh (no TTL) and that is all I really need.  I had no idea that this would even work, but on a lark, I decided to try it and yep, this camera triggers the flash just fine. 

     I used another identical Yongnuo flash mounted on a very small Manfrotto tripod with another identical radio trigger.  This flash is so heavy that I worry it would damage the hot shoe on my little camera if I carried it by the camera, so I carry it by the flash.

     I still don't own a full frame camera of any type and I'm not sure that I want one, they are so heavy and so expensive and have less reach.
               

No comments: