Thursday, September 18, 2014

Gear list for my final PCT section hike

This is what I carried from Timberline to Cascade Locks.  I paid the weight price for carrying my 3 person tarp tent and my DSLR camera.  I have a Duomid tarp tent on the way.  With a Duomid and no heavy camera my base pack weight would be 13.8 pounds.  I could lighten my load with a quilt instead of a sleeping bag but a warm quilt is very expensive and I sleep cold.

I don't need such a large cook pot but I'm not yet willing to spend $70 to save just a few ounces.

ULA Circuit backpack purple 32 ounces                                                            

Clothes, not always worn, full rain gear, base layer etc.. 60
Original Shires Rain shadow 3 person tarp tent with 6 stakes 43
REI Magma 7 degree 800 fill down Sleeping Bag in sack 41
Camera Nikon D40 w 18-55 lens, case, wp bag,  lens cloth, 1 sd cards 30
Evernew Ti pot,  cat stove, 2 lighters,  wind screen, pot stand, bag 8
First aid, meds, toiletries, tooth brush.. Etc 10
Delorme inReach SE 
7
Garmin GPS  map 60csx with batteries  7
Sansa fuze mp3 player 2
Black Diamond Storm headlamp and 3 extra aaa battery 5.1
Sawyer Point One filter, Evernew water carry (900ml), small towel 5
Sunglasses, Deet, Sun screen carried in hip belt pocket 3
Food Sack 2.5
P-Style and P Rag 2.2
2 empty 1 liter  bottles 2
TP in bag 2
Soap 1/5 bar 1
Polycro Plastic ground cloth 0.7
Empty plastic bottle for fuel

0.5
Sea to summit Alpha light spoon with biner 0.5
Z-lite Sol sleeping pad small 10

Ounces 274.5
Pounds 17.15
Minus camera and with a duomid indstead of a Rainshadow 13.84

Also carried: Black Diamond Women's Ultra Mountain FL Trekking Pole, 110cm

No comments: