Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Big Creek Snowshoe





Just a quick trip up to the overlook and back.  Made it home before the kids!   100% chance of precip today but I saw none of it.  I did get a bit wet from melting snow falling off trees.  My ankle did not flop at all but my knee is sore.  My knee does not like pounding, too many trips up and down Mount Rose I guess.

I put my snowshoes on at the start of the Ellinor connector trail, and I was very glad to have packed them.  They might not have been needed but they certainly made the hike easier.

7 miles
1,700 feet elevation gain

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look for mushrooms in Wyoming when my arthritis and weather permit. We are seeing a reduction in mushrooms due to a huge pine beetle devastation in the Rockies. Do you see a similar thing out your way?
SharonK in Wyoming.

Anonymous said...

We don't have many pine trees where I am at so I can't really say.