Monday, March 1, 2010

Capitol Forest, rock candy, mount molly, north rim


Smog Plant

This forest will open up to motorbikes soon and a bunch of logging is planned so I won't be coming back here again this year. Tuition is going up sky high and people still believe the LIE that the DNR's (Department of Natural Resources)logging money goes to schools. It's a lie people. I'd really like to know EXACTLY what percentage of logging monies go to schools vs the general state fund vs logging corporations.

To add insult to injury the DNR (Department of Nothing Remaining) is going start charging $5.00 to hike or bike up a muddy motorcycle track in a clearcut. Some local cyclists are rolling all over themselves to pay the new fee. They actually think that law enforcement and trail maintenance will improve with this new fee and they actually believe that the logging money goes to schools. The DNR should be filthy rich from logging but instead it is broke. So where does the money actually go? How can people be so dumb/trusting of the government? 28% tuition increase at my DRN supported (?) college this year. The money ain't going for education. SUCKERS!!!!

Signs of spring are here. Skunk cabbage is in bloom. I starting feeling really tired at mile 10 then I perked up again by mile 12. I guess it was a peak and valley in my energy caused the sugary tea I had at the summit.

I saw one brushpicker. I think this forest is outside of the the area where ICE can stop and search anyone with no cause.

I got a SPOT yesterday and this was my first time using it. My husband talked me into buying but I think it may have been a mistake. It does not work in the forest.

14.5 miles
2,900 feet total gain
Average moving speed 2.9 MPH
Average speed 2.3 MPH





track log in google earth


elevation profile log



How much rent money does the DNR collect for this tower space on the peak?


A sense of place

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/Publications/em_bc_bnr_020210_march2010_timber_sale_packet_final.pdf

see pages 98-102, Asend sale covering 2 blocks on trail 50/6 and near Fall Creek

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/Publications/em_bc_bnr_010510_feb2010_timber_sale_packet_final.pdf

see pages 106-110

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/Publications/psl_ts_jan10_quoin_packet.pdf

pages 1-6

No comments: