Monday, May 19, 2008

A bear sighting has closed Callanan Park

BEAR SIGHTING CLOSES CALLANAN PARK
A bear sighting has closed Callanan Park today and all little league games scheduled at the Park have been canceled today. According to Mark Ziegler, Supervisor of Shelton Parks, a bear was spotted in the Park late Saturday night rummaging through a garbage can. The State Department of Fish and Wildlife has placed a trap in the Park and hopes to have be bear out of the area as soon as possible. But until officials can capture or confirm that the bear has left the area, Callanan Park will remain closed as a precaution. (Posted 9:30 AM 5/19)

I'm too ill to hike again.  My 4  year old brings home every cold an flu bug in the region.  I expect to be ill off and on until school gets out. Then I will make my escape to the mountains.

No comments: